The Paleontological Society Medal is the most prestigious honor bestowed by the Society, reflecting the objectives and standards of the Society. It is awarded to a person whose eminence is based on advancement of knowledge in paleontology.
Deadline: February 1, 2020 Nominations received after this date will be held for the next year. Nominations will be active for three years after receipt, but may be updated yearly, at the discretion of the nominator.
Who May Nominate?
- There are no restrictions on who may submit nominations for the Medal award.
How to Nominate:
The nomination dossiers should include:
- Nominee’s full name, address, phone number (and email if available).
- Contact information for nominator.
- Description of the nominee’s achievements in paleontology (not to exceed three pages).
- Nominee’s Curriculum Vitae.
- Up to five letters supporting the nomination.
- A PS Professional Conduct Self-Reporting Form, completed by the nominee, as prescribed in the Paleontological Society Policy on Non-Discrimination and Member Code of Conduct.
All nominations must be submitted electronically by completing and submitting the form below. The nomination must be submitted in a single PDF file as a form attachment.
An email confirmation of receipt will be sent to all nominators.
Medal Award Nomination Form
For more information, please contact:
Arnold I. Miller
Department of Geology
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0013
phone: (513) 556-4022
e-mail: [email protected]